Soil Activator –
build better humus
By working with the biological processes in nature, Penergetic k stimulates the microorganisms in soil, compost and manure.
- promotes healthy fertile soil
- stabilizes the decomposition process
- strengthens the soil food web
- improves plant available of fertilizers, making them more effective
Penergetic k can be used for three different purposes:
- In Fields: improves soil fertility by accelerating the decomposition of field residue, activating soil micro-organisms and assisting to release fixed nutrients locking in organic & mineral soil layers
- For Dry Manure and Compost: stimulates an accelerated aerobic decomposition process, reduces odor and other nuisances and produces more nutrient rich humus
- On Livestock Bedding, in Poultry Barns and Stables: acts as a conditioner to improve barn conditions by reducing ammonia and insects, supporting disease suppression and decomposing poultry/livestock fecal matter and litter/bedding
* Penergetic k ULTRA for soil, Penergetic k ULTRA for poultry barns and Penergetic k for compost are OMRI-listed, therefore suitable for organic, transitional and conventional methods of agriculture.
A) Soil Treatment
- Conditions the soil to support the development of healthy plants
- Composting activates the soil and soil organisms (including after winter dormancy period)
- Prolongs growing season in autumn by increasing soil activity and soil temperature
- Creates conditions for better root growth and increased root exploration capacity
- Nurtures the soil food web and stimulates the activity of soil micro-organisms
- Activates mycorrhiza formation – root symbiosis
- Increases soil’s water absorption/storage capacity and air permeability of the soil
- Supports plant-availability of trace elements and macro elements
- Improves Soil structure
* For crop production best results achieved when used in with penergetic p.
- Activates accelerated composting by an aerobic process
- Suitable for all manner of compostable materials (e.g. solid manure, plant matter)
- Reduces insect pest problems and odors associated with composting
- Limits loss of nutrients (e.g. nitrogen) during composting process
- Promotes elimination of weed seeds and pathogenic organisms
- Produces more homogeneously consistent nutrient rich humus
- Assists in regulating decomposition temperature
- Encourages propagation of healthy soil fungi and reduces presence of detrimental fungi
- Proven and cost effective approach to composting
- Effective for decomposing dead animals
- Supports more thorough breakdown of manure, prevents nutrient overload on field
- Proven and cost effective approach to composting
C) Barns and Stables
- Aids in controlling odor, including ammonia, in poultry barns and livestock housing
- Reduces flies and other insects in poultry barns and livestock stalls
- Supports control of pathogens
- Overcomes problems associated with lime (used in back of stalls) as not dusty and won’t fill grooves in flooring
- Activates composting process in soiled poultry litter / livestock bedding
CARRIER Medium (three forms):
Bentonite (extra fine), Bentonite (ultra fine) or Molasses
A) Soil Treatment / Field Application
- Can be applied on its own or in combination with other applications (e.g. fertilizer, herbicides, etc.)
- Alternatively, can be mixed and spread with slurry or compost (ideally add same day applied)
- Dry application: use extra fine bentonite
- Spray application: use ultra fine bentonite (as a wettable powder) or molasses form
- Can be applied prior to planting, at seeding time (i.e. side or bottom banding), pre-harvest (with desiccant) or as Fall / post harvest application
Note: Before putting penergetic k ULTRA in the sprayer, pre-mix with water to ensure better homogeneity. Before use, read and follow spray instructions.
(Recommended) Rate of Application (based on one spray application per crop)**:
|Cereal Crops/Corn/Soybeans||7.0 oz. / acre||3.5 oz. / acre|
|Oil Seed Crops (e.g. canola, flax)||7.0 oz. / acre||3.5 oz. / acre|
|Pulse (lentils, beans, peas)||7.0 oz. / acre||3.5 oz. / acre|
|Hay, alfalfa, forage crops||7.0 oz. / acre||3.5 oz. / acre|
|Horticultural crops||28.0 oz. / acre||14.0 oz. / acre|
B) In Compost and Solid Manure
Application Rate: 1 to 2 oz. per cu. yd. of manure* or compost
Note: the higher the rate of application the more accelerated the composting process.
* (On average) 1.0 ton of cow manure = 1 cu. yd.
|Dry:||Premix penergetic k for compost with rock meal, sawdust or similar substances.This permits uniform and accurate application|
|Wet:||Mix penergetic k for compost into water and leave for a while.Re-stir and apply evenly with spray applicator (large quantity) or watering can (small quantity).|
Apply penergetic k evenly onto the compost layers. In the case of a static (stationary) pile that is not to be turned, poke several holes into the pileheap and pour Penergetic k into the pile via these holes.
Penergetic k can also be applied (dry or wet) while turning the compost piles or windrows.
For maximum effectiveness follow good composting practices, including: monitoring temperature; regularly turning the pile or windrows; and, covering with breathable fleece to regulate moisture flow (in and out) and prevent weed seeds from infesting the compost pile.
C) In Barns and Stables
In poultry barns: spray penergetic k ULTRA (for poultry barns) at rate of:
- 10 oz. per 1,000 sq. ft. on floor (once every 6 – 12 months) and
- 13 oz. per 1,000 sq. ft. on litter/bedding per cycle (prior to birds being moved into barn).
Alternatively, penergetic k can be applied dry and/or mixed with litter prior to litter being spread in the barn.
In dairy barns: use penergetic k for compost (extra fine)
- In back of stalls: 1 lb. per 100 stalls/weekly (or 5 grams per stall/week)
- In calf pens and bedding pack:i) Initial application (on floor) – 12.0 to 22.0 oz. / 1,000 sq. ft.ii) Subsequent application (on bedding) 4.0 to 6.0 oz. / 100 LSUs / weekly
** To increase ease of application in dairy operations, penergetic k can be mixed with any absorbant, non-slip material to bulk it up [Example: at a rate of 1 lb of penergetic k : 10 – 20 lbs. of bulking agent]
The above application schedules are suggestive. For specific details as to the appropriate application rate in your operations contact a Penergetic distributor or dealer.
With Penergetic k use for all three purposes (soil, compost and/or in barn) “more is better”
– meaning “more product = more effect and better results.”
For more information on penergetic k the following downloads are available:
Penergetic k (general) brochure
Penergetic k General Application Info
Compost Comparison Study
Poultry Litter Compost Comparison
Poultry Flyer Manure Management
Protocol for Using Penergetic k in Dairy Barns
OMRI Certificate (compost Extra Fine)
OMRI Certificate (poultry barns)
OMRI Certificate (ULTRA)